The first of its kind in the entire state of New Jersey, the Horizon Integrated System of Care (ISC) Program uses a virtually integrated care delivery system to deliver timely, coordinated, and outcome-driven care for our members with serious mental illness and substance use disorders.
Through dedicated care management, patient navigation, and coordination with physical health providers, the Horizon Integrated System of Care (ISC) Program helps to ensure patients get the services they need to achieve remission or recovery from their behavioral health conditions. This ISC team consists of a Nurse Care Navigator, a Care Coordinator, and an Outreach Engagement Specialist. This team will incorporate Acenda’s already driven mission of reducing barriers, increasing person-centered navigation support, and strengthening the integration behavioral health, physical health, and social determinants of health.
The Horizon Integrated System of Care (ISC) Program focuses on healing both mind and body, ensuring that every individual feels that their needs are being met across all aspects of life.
Patient services include:
- Psychiatric evaluation
- Medication management
- Medication Assisted Treatment and Ambulatory Withdrawal Management for substance use disorders
- Care management to connect patients to support services, including scheduling appointments and providing transportation to medical appointments
- Care coordination to ensure that ongoing patient care is communicated to the primary care provider
- Care transition assistance after discharge from inpatient or rehabilitation settings
- Links to community resources to assist with housing, education, employment, financial stressors, or any other social needs
- Health education and techniques to motivate patients to engage in self-service management