Positive Changes for Finding Balance
We all seek balance in our lives, but it it not always so easy to achieve. With January being Get a Balanced Life Month, there's no better time than right now to make some changes to your daily routine for a better, more fulfilled life.
"So many of us feel pulled in all different directions and have commitments to family, friends and work that take us away from doing things for ourselves," said Jennifer Kugler, LPC, ACS, Senior Program Director, Behavioral Health Services, Acenda. "It's important to live a life in balance so that we can be happy and satisfied, rather than one filled with stress and disappointment."
Here are 5 tips to start finding balance:
1. Schedule your time. This can help you plan out your days and balance your time in different areas instead of all in one place.
2. Do things that are important to you. We all try to please everyone around us, and sometime forget we need to do things for our own well-being. Carve out some time for some fun activities or for spending time with loved ones or friends.
3. Reflect on your life. Think about what you have accomplished and your hopes for the future. Put things in perspective and you will find your life will take on a whole new meaning.
4. Embrace a positive attitude. This will help make life go more smoothly and take on the challenges of each day in stride.
5. Pay close attention to your mental and physical health. If you are not feeling well, get the medical attention you need and make some lifestyle changes that will make you a healthier person. You cannot enjoy life to the fullest if you are not feeling yourself.
Conquer 2021 and celebrate Get a Balanced Life Month. If you are feeling overwhelmed and need some balance in your life, clinicians in our Counseling & Wellness Centers can help. Call our main number at 844-4-ACENDA (844-422-3632) x9500 for more information about our counseling and telehealth services.