Time for some fun and safe fall activities with the family
There’s a bit of a nip in the air. The leaves are beginning to turn color, school is underway and apple-picking is about to begin. It’s the fall season and what better time than now to gather the family together to enjoy some activities, both indoors and outdoors, while the weather is beautiful.
Here are a four safe and fun activities that you and your family can do during the fall season.
- Go for a hike. Getting outside in the fresh air is wonderful. Find a park or walking trail and take a nice walk through nature.
- Go to your local farm or orchard. Pick some juicy apples and take them home for baking an apple pie. The kids will enjoy making something delicious from their pickings!
- Pick a pumpkin and decorate it. It wouldn’t be fall and Halloween without choosing a pumpkin and taking it home to carve or decorate. Kids and adults alike enjoy this annual activity as October 31 approaches.
- Take a scenic drive. Load up the car with some snacks and take the kids for a car ride of some beautiful views along your favorite back roads. With the leaves turning, the scenes will be lovely. Also, snap a few family photos along the route. It will make for lasting memories.
Acenda’s Family Success Centers, family-centered neighborhood gathering places where residents go for family support, interactive workshops, activities, and groups, will be hosting safe events this fall for all to participate in. Here are a few:
- Riverview Family Success Center’s Fall Family Fun is held every Friday, this virtual activity changes weekly as we provide your family with all kinds of activities and ideas for the weekend!
- Shore Family Success Center is hosting virtual FSC Fall Crafts & Activities for Families including pumpkin decorating, bingo, baking recipes, a Halloween party, and making kindness rocks.
- Oceanside 2 Family Success Center will offer a free craft kit for its Canvas & Cookies virtual workshops.
- Bird’s Eye FSC will focus on STEM Building Structures in October. Snapology will run a zoom workshop series (6 classes) for families. A Movie Night at the Park at Riverview Beach Park in Pennsville will be held on November 22. There will be a movie-themed activity that families can do in their car/outside space.
- Oceanside 1 Family Success Center will host virtual activities including Fall Arts & Crafts, Tai Chi and Web Design/Coding lead by Microsoft.
Find more information on our Family Success Centers and upcoming activities here.